Monday, July 14, 2008

I suck at blogging

Yeah, it's true. I guess I find it hard to believe that anyone out there really gives a rat's ass as to what is going on in my life. Yet, it is kinda fun to peer into the lives of others. Sorta like driving around the neighborhood and gawking at those that don't shut their blinds or pull their curtains.

The holiday came and went with little fanfare, which is good. Well, the usual shootings, death, and general mayhem that accompanies the 4th of July in Chicago. We, fortunately, avoided that. We did enjoy an evening out on the town that weekend where we went to Harry Caray's and watched the Cubs game. It was low key and nice and quite possibly the best Cosmo I've ever had in my life. Just the faintest of pinks, not sweet, and very smooth.

After the long weekend, began the onslaught of company. It's not unusual for us to have a lot of visitors in the summer. Oddly, no one wants to come visit in the winter. Hm. Wonder why? But, anyway, we stacked up three in a row...bam, bam, bam! In fact, the last arrives tomorrow and stays through the end of the week. It's all the more reason for me to get out of the house and hit the pavement. Well, save for it is supposed to be in the 90s. Methinks, I will be making an appointment for the kids at the gym daycare and running in air conditioned luxury.

I've not run much here of late as my usual pain in the ass knee has been being a pain in the ass. I'm not sure what is going on. Honestly, I've taken a few weeks off of tennis and I think that has impacted it. Let it get a bit loose. That's just my opinion after having dealt with chronic knee issues for the past 26 years. Damn, that makes me sound old.

I just have to relate the a fantastic day I had this past weekend. It was really one of those moments. The whole entire day, actually. A very dear family member was in town for the Cubs game. A good friend that I met through Weight Watchers used our extra ticket. DH went to the game also. And I was sitting in the stands just smiling. So much so that my cousin asked if I were ripped after one beer! No, no, I'm not. I'm just happy. Family, friends, and a beautiful day at the ballpark. What more could one ask for? Even the swamp ass from walking through the humidity to get to the ballpark was not a deterrent! Though I'm not sure that the beer vendor enjoyed the soggy bills. eh.

From there we met up with some of our friends from the kids' school, did a rooftop party, went back to a friend's house, and wound up the evening with a trio of great 80s cover bands at a local street fair. Family, friends, fun. I could not have asked for more out of one singular day in Chicago. Urban life is so weird and it has taken me a lot to get used to, but there was not a moment of that day that I would have traded. Sometimes, just sometimes, I really do think I like it here! Actually, more than not anymore.

1 comment:

Hope said...

*wiping tear*

What a cool moment.

OH and my mother always said that people who left their curtains opened WANTED you to look in.