Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fat Girl, Revisited.

That's it. I'm back at it. I need input from Chicago area people for fall 5ks. (mind you...I'm scared of the suburbs. fyi.)

Plantar fascitis be damned. Giant gut be damned. I must run again. It's not that I actually "like" running. It's more that I like me when I run. Most of the time when I am running, there is a litany of curse words running through my head. If there were sailors in my family, they would probably be horrified and proud...all at the same time. I don't think kind thoughts when running. I can't say that I've experience that "euphoria" that others talk about. Mostly I think about death. Mine, the organizers, the fools that I blindly followed into this running thing, the runners around me, etc. Yet, I'm oddly thrilled when I finish a race. And, yes, I'm fully aware that 5k is only 3 miles and NOTHING to real runners. But, it works for me with my crappy knees and now, apparently, bad feet. I want to race that random person to the finish line again. I want another PR!

Soooooo...Chicago people, again, help with the fall 5ks!

2 comments:

Delane said...

Ugh I've had PF for MONTHS. IT SUCKS and has ruined my running season. with that being said...

planned
9/12 - Chicago Lung Run
9/19 Chicago Beachathlon
10/3 Aids Run
10/4 Bucktown 5k...bears game that day so it depends on the game start time (hope they move to 3 pm, but doubt it)

10/17 pumpkins in the park (GREAT one for kids!!)

10/24 Nike Human Race

10/25 either Gargoyle Gallop or the Tricker Treat Trot

10/31 Day of the Dead 5K

11/1 Hot Chocolate 15k/5K

11/22 Heartland Harvest 5K

11/26 Turkey Trot

12/6 Jingle Bell Run/Walk

12/13 Rudolph Rumble

and this concluded 2009 run/walk, suck and Hate my foot season in Chicago.

I am also doing 2 races in WI..but I doubt you want to drive 8 hours for a 5K

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like Delane has you covered!