Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Not broken, but slow healing...and a good dinner!

The ankle is still swollen. Not profusely, but enough to make me feel like I'm sporting a cankle. That and to feel rather lopsided. When I get fat, the few things that don't get fat too are my ankles and feet. Not so for my right one right now. It is finally warming up here and I want to wear capris and I'm sporting the cankle. Would it be wrong for me to stick a post it on it stating "I was recently sprained. Don't judge me."?!?!? On that note, I've long since forgotten how long it takes to recover from a sprained ankle. Pisser.

I made an awesome dinner tonight. Very simple, but very tasty. I had stir fry in mind, but thanks to some brain bombs from a friend, I decided to spice and herb it up. Fab-U-lous! I diced chicken tenderloins and soaked in Trader Joe's Island Soyaki sauce for an hour. Heated up a bit of roasted garlic flavored olive oil and dumped the soaked chicken and soaking juices (?) into the wok. Seared for a quick two minutes and turned down heat and let slowly cook a bit. To that, I tossed in onions and tricolored bells. Then some Sriracha, a twice round the wok dose. Two dime sized squeezes of basil in tube. Don't judge me! It's all my grocery had!!! I taste tested a bit down the road and decided more herby sweet and another quarter sized squeeze from the basil tube. All stirred until the bells were crisp tender. And it was GOOD. Better than take out...and much lower fat, calories. I ate mine sans starch (rice/noodles) and did dinner at around 200 calories. YES!

2 comments:

Delane said...

wooot woot...love herbs in stir !

Glad the ankle is feeling better.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds good!